If you are prompted to enter a passcode when trying to log in, two-step verification is enabled for your VendorLink environment.
Two-step verification is an extra security layer, preventing intruders from accessing your VendorLink account in case your username and password are leaked.
Follow the instructions below to log in using two-step verification.
- Navigate to the correct login portal. Are you a regular user, or a supplier?
- Enter your login credentials, and click 'Log In'.
- You will be asked for a passcode. Navigate to the inbox of the registered e-mail address of the VendorLink account you're trying to access.
- You have received an e-mail containing your passcode. Copy this code into the 'Passcode' field on the VendorLink log in page. This code will be randomized with every login attempt.
- And to finish this off, click 'Login'.
You have now succesfully logged in using two-step verification.
Do I have to do this every time?
No. Once you have logged in using two-step verification, your location's IP address will be trusted for 30 days. After these 30 days, you will have to enter a new passcode to verify that this IP address should remain trusted for another 30 days. You will also be asked for a passcode when you log in from an unknown IP address, this IP address will also be trusted for 30 days once you have succesfully logged in using VendorLink's two-step verification.