Before you can add elements from VendorLink to your dashboard, a report must first exist. You learn how to create and manage reports.
Creating a report
First we will set up a report. Follow the instructions below to create a report.
- Navigate to Dashboards.
- Open the menu pane on the left by clicking the arrow. Click on 'New' and then enter a name for the new report.
The new report has now been created, however the report is still empty. In the following lessons we will take a look at how you can organize a report completely according to your wishes.
Creating a default report
VendorLink also has a number of standard reports. You can apply this report set-up to your own commodity, supplier, cost center, cost center group, and cost type. This way you can draw up a report without having to completely design it yourself.
- In the menu bar, click 'Create default report'.
- Select in the first drop-down menu whether the data has to be about a commodity, supplier, etc.
- Select the relevant entity in the second drop-down menu.
- Click 'OK' to set up the report.
- Add a name to the report.
Opening an existing report
It is possible to have one report open at the same time. Therefore, it will be necessary to switch between reports. Follow the instructions below to (re)open a previously saved report.
- Click 'Open' to open an existing report.
- A pop-up window opens. Here you see an overview of reports created by you, and reports shared with you by another VendorLink user. Sharing of reports will be discussed later.
- Locate the report you want to open, and click the name of this report to open it.
Deleting a report
If a report is no longer needed, you have the abilty to delete it. If you delete a report, it will also disappear for everyone you have shared the report with.
- Open the report you wish to delete.
- In the menu bar, click 'Manage report'.
- A pop-up will open. Click the 'Delete' button at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- A warning will pop up. Click 'Yes' to permanently delete the report.
In the next lessons we will start designing the lay out and contents of your report.