Now that you have filled in the basic settings of the template, it is time to fill the template with questions.
Adding headers and questions to a survey template
- Navigate to the tab 'Question and answer'.
- Click 'Add header' to add a new header.
- Enter a header text and position for the header. The position means the order in the survey. For example: 1 means at the top, and 10 at the bottom if you have ten heads in your survey.
- Click 'Add' to add your new header to the survey template.
- Click 'Add question'.
- A form will pop up. For 'Header', select the header we just created.
- Enter the 'Question'. This is the question that the respondent will answer from the survey. Later we will discuss the options that you can give to the respondent in the area of answers.
- Enter a 'Sort order'. This is the sort order of the questions in relation to other questions under the same header.
- Enter a 'Weight'. This is the weight of the question in relation to other questions in the survey. This has an impact on the calculation of the survey score.
Question 1 weight: 8
Question 2 weight: 1
Question 3 weight: 1
Question 1 has a way bigger impact on the overall survey score, than question 2 and 3.
- Choose a 'Question type'. This is the way in which this question must be answered.
Select: the respondent selects a reply from a drop-down menu
Text: the respondent can fill in a text answer
Radio buttons: the respondent can check one answer from multiple choice
- Tick 'NA' if the respondent should have the option to mark this question as 'Not applicable'.
- For 'Question orientation', specify whether the the question should be shown horizontally (answers to the right of the question) or vertically (answers right below the question).
- Indicate at 'Explanation mandatory' whether the respondent with this question is obliged to explain the answer.
- For 'Explanation from value', indicate whether the filler is obliged to explain this when answering with a certain numerical value (and lower).
- Finally, under 'Upload file', indicate whether the filler has the option to add an attachment to the answer.
- Click 'Add' to add the question to the survey.
Create all headers and questions for your survey template this way.
In the next step we will set up the answer options for these questions.