A Vendor Rating method consists of multiple segments, such as a survey template. The segments are the building blocks of the Vendor Rating Method. By giving value to the different segments, value can be assigned to it. A VR method only needs to be drawn up once, and can then be used for future Vendor Ratings. Essentially, a Vendor Rating Method is just a Vendor Rating template.
The results can be compared by using the same method in periodic assessments. Let's start with setting up a method.
Creating a Vendor Rating Method
- Navigate to Vendor Rating > Settings > Vendor Rating Methods.
- All currently existing Vendor Rating Methods are shown here. Click on 'Add'.
- Enter a name for the method, and click 'Add'.
- You will be automatically redirected to the method's detail page. Navigate to the 'Segments' tab, and click 'Add'.
- A form will pop-up. For 'Segment', pick the type of segment you wish to add to your method. In this example, we will go with 'Survey'. This article explains each segment.
- Enter a 'Name' for your new segment.
- For 'Survey template', pick the survey template we created in earlier lessons.
- Pick a 'Reliability type'. This is not needed right now, as this is only applicable if your segment is either 'Delivery reliability' or 'Price reliability'.
- Add a 'Weight'. This determines the impact of this segment on the end result of the rating, compared to other segments.
Segment 1 gewicht: 8
Segment 2 gewicht: 1
Segment 3 gewicht: 1
It's clear that segment 1 has a much bigger impact on the end result than segment 2 and 3.
- Click 'Add' to add the newly created segment to the method.
- Add all desired segments this way.
In the 'Implementation' tab it is possible to link suppliers to the method. These suppliers are automatically linked to the Vendor Rating at the start of a Vendor Rating where this method is used so that they do not have to be selected manually.
Linking suppliers to the method
- In the 'Vendors' table on the left, select the vendor(s) you wish to link to the method.
- Click 'Add'.
The supplier is now linked to the method. To unlink a supplier, select the relevant supplier in the 'Connected vendors' table and click 'Delete'.
In the next lesson we will actually set up and start a Vendor Rating.