Contracts can be approved internally through contract signing. Those involved in this process receive an e-mail after starting this 'workflow' with instructions for approving or rejecting the contract.
Signing a contract
- Navigate to Contracts > Contracts > Select contract > Details > Contract signing.
- Select the desired workflow for this contract from the 'Workflows' table.
A workflow is the process the contract goes through during the approval process. Are there no available workflows? Read more about creating and managing workflows here.
- Click 'Create workflow'.
- You could add a 'Note'. This is optional.
- Ensure that each workflow step has at least one linked contact (user accounts in VendorLink) by choosing the person from the drop-down menu, and then clicking 'Add'. If necessary, you can remove the workflow step by clicking the cross on the right.
- Click 'Start workflow' to start the workflow.
If this button is grey, check all steps to make sure a user has been added.
- All users linked to the workflow will now receive an e-mail containing a link to assess the contract and to explain this assessment. The status of the authorization will be shown in the same screen. Below is an example of an approved contract.