Before you can continue, suppliers must be present in the Vendors module. You can manually add vendors, or import them.
To get an ordered and structured overview of all your suppliers, it is important to link categories to the vendors. A vendor can be linked to to multiple categories at once.
If you use Spend and transfer a linked Spend supplier from Spend to Vendors, this link will automatically be made in Vendors. The Vendor - Category links in Spend and Vendors are separate from each other.
Let's get started with linking suppliers to categories.
Link a vendor to a category
- Navigate to Admin > Vendors settings > Connect categories.
- Under 'Connect category, you will see two tables: 'Category' and 'Vendor'.
- From the 'category' table on the left, select a category.
- From the 'Vendor' table on the right, select the vendor(s) you wish to link to the category you selected in step 3. You can make multiple selections at once.
Example: If you select two categories and two suppliers, both categories will be linked to both suppliers.
- Click 'Add' to create the new link.
At the bottom of the page, under the header 'Connected vendors' you will see an overview of all links.