To get an ordered and structured overview of all your suppliers, it is important to link commodities to the suppliers. A vendor can be linked to to multiple commodities at once.
If you use Spend and transfer a linked Spend supplier from Spend to Vendors, this link will automatically be made in Vendors. The Vendor - Commodity links in Spend and Vendors are separate from each other.
Let's get started with linking suppliers to categories.
Link a vendor to a commodity
- Navigate to Admin > Vendors settings > Connect commodities.
- Under 'Connect commodity, you will see two tables: 'Commodity' and 'Vendor'.
- From the 'Commodity' table on the left, select a commodity.
- From the 'Vendor' table on the right, select the vendor(s) you wish to link to the commodity you selected in step 3. You can make multiple selections at once.
Example: If you select two categories and two suppliers, both categories will be linked to both suppliers.
- Click 'Add' to create the new link.
At the bottom of the page, under the header 'Connected vendors' you will see an overview of all links.