Because it can be very handy to have the most relevant contract information at the top of an overview or form, it is possible to change the order of fields.
In the previous lesson you had to fill in a field called 'Order'. This setting determined the order of the field in relation to other free fields, not in the total image of free fields and standard fields under Contracts Contracts Select contract Details.
If you want to change the order of all fields, you should follow this lesson. If you do not want to do this, feel free to skip this and move on to Step 4.
Changing the order of contract detail fields
- Navigate to Admin > Contracts settings > Settings > Customization.
- Under 'Contract detail sort order', you will see the current order of contract detail fields.
- Click 'Create fields' to load and display all current contract detail fields.
- To change the order of these fields, simply drag and drop the field names until they are in the desired order.
- Navigate to Contracts > Contracts > Select contract > Details to see your new contract detail layout.
Once you have used this function, the sort order of free fields that we have discussed in the previous lesson will no longer be taken into account. Adjusting the order of fields will from now on have to be done in the above way.
In the next step we will take a look at hiding certain contract fields.