In VendorLink it is possible to set up notifications for contracts. These notifications are an essential functionality of Contracts, and These are notifications that the contract manager or contract owner receives on the basis of a certain action on a contract. For example, a report that a contract expires in three months.
There are two ways to set up a contract notification; a general contract notification that applies to all contracts, and contract notifications per contract.
First, we will go through the general notifications. These are the notifications that account for all contracts.
For this you need access to the 'Admin' section of your VendorLink environment.
Setting up a general 'End of contract' notification
- Navigate to Admin > Contracts settings > Contract notifications > Settings.
- Under 'Notifications', you will see all currently set genereal notifications. To set a new notification, click 'Add'.
- A pop-up window will appear. This is where you define the properties of your new notification. Enter the fields as you see fit. Make sure to select 'End of contract' as notification moment. All fields are explained in this article.
- The notification period will be based on the termination date of the contract. If a contract has no termination date, the end date will be taken into account.
The notification period is 3 months. The contract's termination date is 01-05-2019. This means that the notification will be sent on 01-02-2019.
- Click 'Add'.
You have just set up a general contract notification. These are great, but sometimes you want to set a notification for just one specific contract.
Setting contract specific notifications
- Navigate to Contracts > Contracts > Select contract > Details > Notifications and notes.
- Under 'Notifications', you will see an overview of current contract notifications for this specific contract. To add a new notification, click 'Add notification'.
- A pop-up window will appear. Enter a notification subject, description, a date for the notification to be sent on, and if contract managers also need to receive this notification. The default recepient is the creator of the notification.
- Click 'Add'.
In the next step we will take a look the visibility of certain contract detail fields.