When you don't feel the need to link tables together to get the data the combine, you can skip this step.
- Select the tables you want to link together.
- Click Create join.
- At Join, select the option Join or Left Outer Join
Join = Results are only shown when there is a match in both tables. If there is no match, the data will not be shown in the final result.
Left Outer Join = All values from the left table are shown, even if there is no match in the right table.
- You now come to a window where you can connect the columns from both tables can link. In both tables, select the column that contains the same data so we can match those.
- Click Add.
- Then click on Close at the bottom left.
- You have now returned to the Join overview. Click Next to proceed to.