Contract templates can be used during the creation of a contract but can also be linked to an existing contract later on. When you link a contract template to a contract, all the defined properties in the template are transferred to the contract. This is especially useful if you have certain contract types that require the same workflows, tasks or custom fields. One of the biggest advantages of contract templates is that you can only show certain free fields on some contracts, instead of all contracts in you Contracts module.
You can define the following properties in a contract template:
- Which workflow (contract approval) is linked to the contract
- Whether the contract detail tabs 'Products', 'Financial' and 'Locations' are visible for the contract
- Which document creation template is linked to the contract
- Which contract type is linked to the contract
- Which contract procedure is linked to the contact
- Which contract custom fields are shown in the contract
- Which tasks have to be scheduled with the contract
- Which checklist items belong to the suppliers who have a contract with this contract template
Create a contract template
- Before you can get started with fully arranging the contract template, you must first create a contract template. Navigate to Admin > Contracts settings > Tables > Contract Templates.
- Click on the 'Add' button.
- You will see a number of basic settings here, fill them in as desired. All fields except 'Description' are optional and can therefore be left empty. See a brief explanation of each field below.
Term Explanation Description The name of the contract template, which you can recognize the contract template with your contracts. Workflow Check this option if you want to link a workflow to the contract template. Default workflow Choose the workflow that you want to link to the contract template here. Products, Financial, Locations With these three options you determine whether the tabs 'Products', 'Financial' and 'Locations' are visible in the contract details of the contracts that you link to this contract template. Document template Choose here which document template you want to link to the contract template. Contract type Choose the contract type you want to link to the contract template here. Procedure Select the contract procedure you want to link to the contract template here.
- Click on 'Add' to create the contract template.
Set up a contract template
- During the creation of the contract template you have already defined some settings. Click on the contract template to further set it up.
- A pop-up opens, where you can further set up the contract template. You can also still change the basic settings that you set during creation. Changes to templates are always made immediately on the linked contracts.
Link custom fields to a template
You can link custom fields to a contract template. This means that only these custom fields are visible for contracts that are linked to this contract template. Other custom fields you have set in Admin are not visible. The custom fields shown in the left column are available to be linked to the contract template. The custom fields shown in the right column are custom fields that are already linked to this contract template.
You can click the free fields in the columns to select them, and use the 'Add' and 'Remove' buttons to link or remove these fields.
Link tasks to a template
The tasks that you set in the contract template are automatically created as contact tasks in the contracts that you link to the contract template.
- Click on 'Add' to add a contact task to the contract template.
- You will see a number of basic settings here, fill them in as desired. See a brief explanation of each field below.
Field Explanation Description The name of the task. You use this name to recognize the task in your task overview. Memo Vink deze optie aan indien je een workflow aan het contract sjabloon wilt koppelen. TASK DATE = TERM + START DATE (NUMBER) This determines the start date of the first time this task is performed. We do this based on the start date of the contract. Example: You want the task to be performed 1 month after the start date of the contract. Then enter '1' here. You enter the second part of the term (day, month, year) in the field below. TASK DATE = TERM + START DATE (PERIOD) Example: You want the task to be performed 1 month after the start date of the contract. Then enter 'Month' here. TASK REPEAT NUMRIC If you want this task to be repeated periodically, set it here. Example: If you want the task to be repeated every 3 months, enter '3' here. TASK REPEAT PERIOD If you want this task to be repeated periodically, set it here. Example: If you want the task to be repeated every 3 months, enter 'Month' here.Klik op 'Voeg toe' om de taak aan het contract sjabloon toe te voegen.
Link checklist items to a template
The checklist items that you link to a contract are automatically added to the linked supplier after activation of the contract. This way you automatically have the correct documentation with the supplier.
Click 'Add' to select a checklist item and add it to the contract template. To disconnect a checklist item from the contract template, select it and then click 'Remove'. The checklist items will then not be removed from the suppliers. Only from the contract template, so that the checklist items will no longer be added to suppliers with future use of this contract template.