Document creation templates are used for the document creation functionality, these can be found in the 'attachments' tab in each contract. Through this function you can you can easily compose documents with text that you have preset in these document creation templates.
Create a document creation template
- Navigate to Admin > Contracts settings > Tables > Document creation templates.
- Click 'Add'
- Enter a name for the document template and click 'Add'.
Configure document creation template - Settings
Now that you've added a document creation template, it's time to create the template to decorate. Here we determine the content and layout of the document.
- Click in Admin > Contracts settings > Tables > Document creation templates on the template you want to provision.
- A pop-up opens with two tabs: 'Settings' and 'Blocks'.
- First go through all the settings in the 'Settings' tab. An explanation for each setting you will find below:
Setting Explanation Template name The name of the document creation template Active Determines whether the document creation template can be used when creating a document Description Here you can further explain the document creation template. For example, you can put something here about the content or use of the document. Workflow - Workflow only on mismatch - Template Here you have to upload a .docx file containing the corporate identity of your company documentation. This is often a one-page document that includes a company logo or contact information in the header or footer of the file. This document will then be used to format the final text of the document creation template.
Set up document creation template - Blocks
Now it is time to define the (text) blocks. You can use these text blocks during select the document creation process. Then the ones you select blocks used when creating a document. Of course there will be looked at any template that you have set in the settings.
You will see two buttons here: 'Add' and 'Library'. When you visit Library click, you'll see a list of all the other blocks from other templates. This can you can easily add to this document creation template via this window.
To create a completely new document creation template with new blocks yourself target, follow the steps below.
- Click 'Add' to add a new block of text.
- A pop-up opens with some important settings. That's how you decide here whether this is a chapter or a subchapter (for example, Chapter 1.3 or chapter 2.3.1), the title and content of the text. A more comprehensive You can read an explanation of each setting in the table below:
Setting Explanation Part of If the block you are adding now is to fall under another block, select the parent block here. You can create multiple levels, so you can create chapter 1.4.2 (or even further, 126.96.36.199) for example. This is of course only possible if you have already created other blocks. Numbering Indicates the chapter number. For example: '3'. If you chose '2' at 'Part of', this block will become chapter: '2.3'. Title Enter the title of the text block/chapter here. Content Enter the text of the text block/chapter here.
- Click on 'Add' to add the block to the document creation template.
In this way, arrange the entire document creation template as desired.
Using the document creation template
read here how to use a document creation template.