Before you actually start creating planning boards, it is useful to settings in the Admin module. This is completely optional, if you don't want to use templates and want to start creating right away of a Planboard, you can skip these steps.
In the Admin module you set up Planboard templates. When starting a Planboard in the tasks module you can choose a template, the new planning board then takes all kinds of settings from the template. Think of tasks that often return to different projects.
Add a planning board template
- Navigate to Admin > General Settings > Planboard defaults.
- Click 'Add'.
- Enter a name for your planboard template, click on 'Add'.
- Your new planboard template will now be displayed on the page. Click on it template to set it up further.
Set up a planning board template
- Click Admin > General Settings > Planboard defaults op a planboard template created by you.
- A pop-up opens with a number of basic settings. This is how you can name change the planboard template, add so-called tracks. Click below the on 'Tracks' on 'Add'.
- You divide a planning board into Tracks, these are courses in which you can enter tasks to indicate the status of the job. Examples are: To do, In Progress, Review, and Done. Enter your own name for your Track, and give the order. This is the default track order on the planning board plan in relation to other track. Click on 'Add' to add the track to the template.
- Your track has now been added to the template. You can still add a track delete via the red cross. Arrange all tracks as desired, think good for yourself with which project you want to use this planning board and which phases of tasks.
- Finally, we can add tasks to a planning board. These tasks are placed on the schedule board by default when you use this template. Under 'Tasks', click 'Add' to add a task.
- Enter a name for the task and a memo. Fill in the memo with the description of into the task.
- Click 'Add' to add the task. Create for any task a separate task, and thus further configure the template as desired.
- Tasks can still be edited / deleted afterwards via the icons next to the task name.
You are now ready to set up a planboard template.