Your VendorLink account is valuable, it gives you access to sensitive information. The tips below will help you keep your account safe.
Do not reuse passwords
If you use your VendorLink password for other websites or services, the security of all your accounts may be at risk.
- Don't reuse old passwords, don't use the same password for multiple websites or services
- Use a strong and long password that consists letters, numbers and special characters
- Consider using a password manager
Enable two-step verification
Two-step verification is a great way to improve account security. Two-step verification can be enabled in your VendorLink environment by users with the role 'Client Administrator'. Read more about two-step verification here.
- Schakel tweestapsverificatie in voor je VendorLink omgeving
- Zorg dat het gekoppelde e-mailadres is voorzien van de juiste veiligheidsmaatregelen
Do not share accounts
It generally is a bad idea to share your account. The simplest form of account theft happens when account details are shared among multiple people. Everyone should manage their own VendorLink account, this is also important when performing tasks within VendorLink.
- Never share your account details with others
- Avoid logging in using someone else's computer
- Log out when you are done using VendorLink (especially when using shared computers), closing the browser window does not log you out
Secure your device
To keep your devices as secure as possible, take the following precautions:
- Regularly scan your device with reputable anti-virus software
- Make sure your operating system (Windows, macOS) is up to date
- Be careful with e-mails and websites that you do not trust, do not install unknown software or browser add-ons.