There are two ways to manually add a vendor to the Vendors module.
From the Vendors module
- Click on Vendors in the main menu, and then on the + icon in the side bar.
- A form appears where you can enter information about the contract. Fields with a blue border are mandatory. The (additional) fields shown here are determined by the administrator of your own organization. You can read the meaning of each default field here.
- Click on the green Add button at the bottom of the form to add the vendor.
- The details page of the vendor is opened automatically, where you can add additional information to the vendor.
From the Spend module
It is easy to add an existing vendor in the Spend module to the Vendors module. The vendor will be added to the Vendors module with the same reference number as in Spend, linking them both together. This has additional benefits explained below.
- Click on Spend in the main menu and then on Vendors in the side bar.
Make sure the vendor you want to add has Spend data in the specified period in the period selector, otherwise the vendor will not be visible.
- First check whether the vendor does not yet exist in Vendors, this is shown in the 'In VM' column. If the VendorLink logo is displayed, the vendor is already present in Vendors.
- Click on the name of the vendor that you want to add to Vendors.
- Click the 'Add to VM' button in the top right corner.
- The vendor has now been added in Vendors. From now on you can also click through from the vendor in the Spend module to the vendor in the Vendors module. This makes navigation between a supplier in both modules way easier. Additionally, Spend data is now shown in the 'Spend' tab within the vendor details of the vendor in the Vendor module.