A profile is an account that serves as a template for other user accounts. You set up a profile with all kinds of rights, which you can then easily transfer to user accounts. A profile is therefore not an account with which you can log in, but serves purely as a template for rights of other users.
Create a profile
You create a profile in the same way as a regular user account, only you check 'Create as profile' during creation.
Set up a profile
You can link roles, categories, cost center groups, contract templates and authorization roles to a profile. You do this in the details of the profile. This is done for each entity in the same way as described for roles below.
Linking roles to a profile
Profiles are templates that you can link users to. They will then receive all rights associated with the profile. This way you can easily update the permissions of large groups of users.
- Go to Admin > General settings > Users.
- Select a profile. Profiles are indicated by 'True' in the 'Is Profile' column.
- Go to the 'Roles' tab.
- In the list on the left you see all available roles, in the list on the right you see all already linked roles.
- Link the desired roles by selecting them and clicking the 'Add' button. You can remove roles by selecting them in the right column and clicking 'Delete'.
- Go to the 'Profile Settings' tab.
- Click on 'Commit settings'.
- Click on 'User roles'. This transfers all roles associated with the profile to the user accounts associated with the profile.